Saturday, February 18, 2012

Community

Over the last few years my family has been on a search of sorts.  An adventure really.  Not quite ready to settle down and root into a "permanent" spot (whatever THAT might mean.) We've decided to explore bits of our country, meet new folks, learn new tricks, and open ourselves up to new ideas and new experiences.  And oh how this has rung true.  We begun our journey right at our doorstep, learning and growing from all of the marvelous people around us.  Since then, we've had the very fine pleasure of becoming part of several very amazing and wonderful communities, literally from coast to coast.  My family and I have lived within and visited ecosystems that were vastly different, yet all completely breathtaking.  We've begun to define and refine what is really and truly important to us as a family.

The places that we have fallen in love with have had two common threads:
Beauty.  Sheer and utter beauty.  Blankets of magic drawing you in.
Community.  Loving, nurturing, sweet, happy, welcoming community.

I've noticed a sadness, almost a heartbreak, every time that we move on from one of these communities.  I thought maybe it was the job that I loved, or the kitchen that I have dreamed about forever.  Maybe the mountains or the golden, glowing river.

Back on the road, we were able to visit one of our favorite places, just for a short visit.  While there, I tried to come up with a feasible way for us to stay, I really did.  I forgot how much I missed it.  The desert, being in a kitchen, the mountains, the magic.  But we just left another amazing place.  Foothills, a river of magic, miles and miles of open space, and I already miss that too.  And we are headed to another wonderful place.  Ocean, four seasons, forest.  What is it??  What is it really that has my heart torn in so many different directions?

I realize, after spending a measly few hours with, specifically, three girl friends, that it is them, and the family we were taken in to.  And the community that welcomed us on the west coast, and those back home in the east.  Something that I wasn't expecting, I guess.  Finding family. We now have this amazing extended family.

I guess that what I am getting at is this.  Its all the same.  We can live our dream here, there or anywhere really.  What we desire as a family can be done virtually anywhere if we set our intentions.  But what is TRULY important?

To be surrounded, engulfed and completely embraced by our Mother's infinite gifts of nature.  To be in a home where we are in awe, for months and years by our Earth Mother's beauty and majesty .

And very importantly, to be welcomed into a community that is easy to reach out to and be surrounded by.  To be within a loving, like-minded, aware, open-minded, community.  And to gather with this community.

I just want to send out my love.  My open arms and my open heart.  I have SO much gratitude for my sisters and brothers, blood and spirit family, East, West, and all of those in between.  I am so lucky to have connected with this circle.  I feel completely loved and send out so much love.

My gratitude to you ALL.
Love and Blessings, Bliss and Gratitude,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment