Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nourishing Yogis


Tonight was the final class in a six week Yoga Teacher Training that Steve was blessed to take part in.




I was able to connect with the group in the method that I know best.  Through food, of course.

Steve and I were able to create together, three nourishing meals for the Yogis-in-training during this time.  I find that my true bliss is found when I am able to prepare loving, healthy fare for grateful folks.  And this group radiated gratitude.  For that I am grateful.

Tonight was the third and final spread that we presented, and we included a bit of our favorite dishes, which I would love to share with you this evening.


Before I introduce the food, I must fill you in on my current internal journey.  I have been rediscovering chakra work on a whole different level than I have explored in the past.  I have been working through sound, movement and meditation in healing these seven energy centers in my body.

Two weeks ago, when last we prepared food for the class, inspiration arose and I realized that I could add food as another element to that healing. And so I have.  I have been integrating my chakra knowledge with my food intuition.  I am creating my own combinations, rather than taking them from someone else's research.  I have to say that I am quite enjoying this.

So with that being said, I would like to present to you, my sevenfold, high raw and organic, divinely inspired, Yogi celebratory feast.



Root Chakra: I AM SUPPORTED Quinoa Salad
pastedGraphic_7.pdf





Sacral Chakra: I FOLLOW MY PASSION
Cucumber Canapes with a macadamia nut puree
 and Balsamic Figs
pastedGraphic_5.pdf



Solar Plexus Chakra: I MANIFEST MY OWN DESTINY
Freshly squeezed Lemonade with Agave Nectar

pastedGraphic.pdf


Heart Chakra: I EMBODY LOVE Spicy Greens Salad
pastedGraphic.pdf



Throat Chakra: I SPEAK TRUTH
Holy Basil, Thai Basil, Nettle, Peppermint Elixir
pastedGraphic_2.pdf



Third Eye: MY FAITH IN SPIRIT IS BOUNDLESS
Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Irish Moss Parfait
pastedGraphic_1.pdf



Crown Chakra: I AM BLISS Brazil Nut Ganache Truffles

pastedGraphic.pdf



Namaste
ॐ 



1 comment:

  1. Sister, this work is nourishing on such a deep level. Thank you for unfolding the beauty, creativity and healing. Sat Nam

    ReplyDelete