Saturday, March 15, 2014

I *heart* Mushrooms

I had a funny thing happen to me yesterday.  I handed samples of my new favorites, reishi coffee and tea, to friends of ours, not to be sales-y, but just because I honestly wanted to share, which I love to do with anything that I am passionate about.  Now, for anyone who knows me, I have been a lover of mushrooms for some time now, and have been deepening my knowledge more recently. Well, apparently, lack of sleep and moving myself and 4 children out of a timeshare that we exploded into for a week, had me a bit  discombobulated, so when she asked me what it was good for I drew a complete blank.  As I walked away, the myriad of reasons that I love mushrooms and consume them daily came flooding back. If you would let me,  I would love to share them with you.
Just off of the top of my head...



Why I Love Mushrooms

1. Mushrooms are awesome for your immune system.  Whether your immune system is low or you have an autoimmune disease, mushrooms will support you.

2. Mushrooms are classified as adaptogens, recharging your adrenals, helping your body handle stress, remain in a calmer state, and use your energy for more productive purposes.

3. Mushrooms protect against radiation from cell phones, computers, the summertime sun, and other environmental forms of radiation.

4. Mushrooms inhibit blood vessel growth into fat and cancer cells, preventing our bodies from feeding them and enabling their growth.

5. Mushrooms work to clean toxins. In fact, I've heard that you could literally grow mushrooms on toxic waste and not only will they clean the toxins, but they are safe to eat afterwards!

6. Medicinal mushrooms are an excellent source of antioxidants.

7. Medicinal Mushrooms are anti-inflammatory.

8. Mushrooms are a great source of micronutrients.

9. Mushrooms grow in a network.  When you are taking mushrooms, you undoubtably feel more linked in to the universe. (Laugh if you will, but try it out and see for yourself!)

10. Medicinal Mushrooms are incredible for the whole family.

Please contact me if you would like to chat more about the power of mushrooms, and join in on our "Fungi For Forty" Experiment!  There is no time like the present to take control of your health!

"Like" Imagine Health on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment