Monday, March 22, 2010

Strawberry Almond Delight Cookies!


Or...
What to do with that leftover nut pulp!

I've been asked so many times, what do I do with the leftover pulp when I'm through making almond milk?? It's so pricey, and there is so much of it that goes to waste.

We like to get creative. A lot of times it ends up being turned into cookies.
This is the recipe that I threw together this morning.

I started with the pulp of 3 cups of soaked almonds (I used this to make a full carafe, 64oz of milk)
In the blender, I mixed with the pulp:
1-10oz bag of strawberries
1/2C maple Syrup
A dash of cinnamon
1-2 twists of Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Blend well.

I poured this into a bowl and then added:
1/2 - 3/4 C ground chia seeds. You can do this in your high powered blender if you rinse and then thoroughly dry it first, otherwise you can use a coffee grinder.
Mix thoroughly.

If you let it set for 15-20 minutes the chia will firm up the batter and make scooping easier.
I used a cookie scoop and placed the balls on a solid dehydrator tray and dehydrated until firm (several hours) and then transfered to a mesh sheet where I finished drying.

All three kids have been gobbling them up. Its a great snacky-snack for in between meals, when you want them to have something nutritious. The hardest part has been having them NOT eat all of the cookies before they are finished dehydrating!

This is one of my quick and easy solutions to almond pulp.
Get creative! Its easy!
Be sure to let me know what you come up with that you can't keep your fingers off of!

No comments:

Post a Comment