Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Raw Mama Trick #2 Raising the food vibe

We've had quite a bit of fun going on in our lives recently, with the excitement of the Holidays and being involved in the local theater. With all the activity, food seems to have fallen by the wayside. My oldest declared "We need to eat more fruits and vegetables. More raw food." Ah, and is she ever right! Now, the tricky part... reclaiming those corrupted palates.

Time for Mama to get creative.

When "have an apple" gets groans, I grabbed a few fruits, a knife and cutting board and the large serving tray and went to work...



My Son has deemed him, "Puff the Magic Monster"
And most all of the fruit was eaten.


Next we had to reclaim the morning. Smoothies are tired. Fruit is boring. And our skin is revealing that we all need more good fat in our diets now that the heat is on. And with that the morning pudding is renewed.

Each morning, I have been crafting a pudding based on what we have in the house. Mostly a variation on the following:
  • a dollop of coconut oil.
  • a heaping scoop of irish moss (we keep blended irish moss in the fridge for easy use)
  • a few leaves of kale
  • an avocado (or two, depending on how much I am making)
  • agave, maple syrup or honey
  • a pinch of salt
  • a TON of frozen fruit
  • just enough water to blend
When the children are full and I am left with two half eaten bowls of pudding.. off to the freezer for a ready made ice cream the next time I hear those oh too common words, "I'm hu-u-u-n-n-n-gryyyy."



Happy Munchkins

No comments:

Post a Comment